Sunday, December 16, 2012

Thanksgiving & Other Celebrations


First off, I need to clarify for some people what our AWESOME jack-o-lantern from this Halloween portrayed. . . Not a cat-person or a burglar, but BIG FOOT!

This is an image from the most famous big foot video ever, and our 
Halloween inspiration!  We did a good job, huh?


Kyle celebrate "no shave November" this year.  The first time I have ever seen him with a beard!  I was quite surprised that it didn't bother me.  Kyle said he grows an "Abe Lincoln" beard since it was mostly around his face/under his chin and not on his face.  I was intending to take some portraits/profiles of him with his beard but he shaved it off before I got around to it.  But you can tell from the photos below.  These were taken over Thanksgiving. 




Doesn't Kristy look especially happy in these photos ;) Keep reading to find out why . . .

As you may have guessed by now, we visited Temple Square while in Utah for Thanksgiving.  It was a lot of fun to see Kyle's family.  Kristy had some especially exciting news to share with us . . . she is ENGAGED!! Yay!! She and David are planning for a May wedding!  I'm so excited!  Over Thanksgiving we did some bowling and laser tag, a little bit of shopping, visited Temple Square, saw the "Savior of the World" play, and of course ate some tasty food!  I love vacation and family time.  

Not too long after Thanksgiving comes December 9th which is Kyle's Birthday!!  He turned 26 this year!   Here he is with his gifts.  26 and clean shaven. Haha.


To celebrate his Birthday we went and saw the new James Bond movie and then went out to Texas Road house for dinner.  The movie and dinner were both really good!

The month of December has given my wonderful boss Gloria an extra reason to spoil Inge and I.   It started with a 1/2 day in the office followed by 4 treatments at the spa!  We got massages, facials, manicures and pedicures.  Complete with awesome, special-ordered zebra-print pedicure sandals. 

Aren't these sandals fun?  I am the rebel with silver nails instead of red.  Now every time I paint my toes I will use my fun pedi-sandals and remember our office spa day!

Inge, Gloria and I toasting with some sparkling cider at the spa! Aren't we radiant? :)

Two Fridays ago Gloria took Inge and I to the Pocatello Realtor Christmas party.  We had a fantastic dinner, got fun gifts, and watched some of the realtors play "family feud" realtor-style.  

This past Friday Gloria treated Inge and I as well as Inge's three kiddos to the local performance of the Nutcracker ballet.  All of the dancers were so talented and we had a lot of fun!

Gloria, Inge, Preslei, Tenlie, Kennadi & Me after the Nutcracker

We decorated the office for Christmas and had a surplus of fake ever green trees. Gloria was kind enough to let me borrow one for our apartment.  It's all decorated and I'm glad to have some Christmas cheer in our little apartment!

 

 Kyle is studying for his finals this week and on Saturday we will fly out to TN for Christmas!  Merry Christmas Everyone!!


No comments:

Post a Comment