Sunday, March 10, 2013

Recent Events

Sushi Making 

For Christmas, Kristy got us a sushi making kit!  We have had so much fun making sushi and we can't wait to make some more!

My creation

Kyle's creation - (Don't know why he forgot to look at the camera . . .)

An up close look.  Sushi stuffed with tempura shrimp, cream cheese, 
cucumber and spicy crab salad; topped with avocado and yummy sauce.

Making sushi is not as difficult as you would think.  We were quite surprised.  Kyle found "Sushi Daddy" on YouTube and he taught us how it's done.  The hardest part is cutting the rolls without smashing them flat.  And, yes, it's A LOT cheaper than in restaurants!  We made 7 rolls and it was probably about $10.  Yum! And thank you Kristy!

Wintery Things

We've also done a couple more winter activities.  We've gone sledding and even tried back country skiing.  Sledding was fun, back country skiing . . . not so much.  After really enjoying Cross County skiing we were surprised at how not fun back country skiing is.  The boots are different and aren't very comfortable and you aren't in groomed tracks so it's more difficult. But at least we can say we've tried.  Sledding, as always, was fun. 

Kyle would pick a difficult sledding path involving dodging bushes
In his defense, the path was pre-worn so others had obviously done it first.

He convinced me to give it a try and when I didn't die it turned out to be a pretty fun ride :)

Valentines Day

On Valentines Day we celebrated by participating the the campus "Cupids Challenge."  We faced off against Tyson and Rachel in serious of timed events, and for participating we all got awesome shirts: 


The events included: running a lap around the gym, 25 push-ups, 50 sit-ups,  making 10 free-throws, passing a racquet ball 10 times, and 30 passes with a medicine ball.  In the end, Tyson and Rachel beat us by a couple of minutes, mostly due to my slowness of making free throws. Haha.  We all had fun though.  Then for Valentines weekend Kyle and I treated ourselves to some Texas Roadhouse and discovered that they have very yummy grilled shrimp.

Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner

When Kyle first started at ISU we were thinking that activity-wise it was a pretty lame campus.  BYU-I just always had SO many activities and events going on.  ISU doesn't really host many performances and BYU-I would always bring in comedians, musicians, Chinese acrobats, etc.; which we miss.  However, we are slowly starting to find, and become more involved in, the events on campus.  ISU actually has quite a few fun activities (like the cupids challenge).  Just last night we went to the "fire and ice luau" which was tons of free island food outside by a fire.  Then when you moved inside the building, there was tons more free food and activities.  There was also a raffle drawing at which Kyle won this awesome game:


Isn't that crazy?!  Kyle was pretty much in shock that he won because he was ready to leave and I was like "no way, not until after the drawing." We had to call some friends at like 11PM and ask for some help getting it delivered to our apartment.  Haha.  I am not very good a foosball but I will get better!  Upcoming campus activities that we plan to attend include bingo night and a student game show.  So, we've decided that ISU is doing alright activity wise.

 Photography

Last weekend we went down to Utah and I took engagement pictures for Kristy.  It was fun to "go on vacation." It was also a lot of fun to take photos!!  We had an interesting time because at one of our photo locations we ran into a group of "larpers" (people who wear armor and have battles with PVC weapons).  These were some hardcore larpers and they were trying to make a movie and they were not very nice about sharing the space with people who weren't 'as cool as them'.  
I really, really love photography.  I've got to put myself out there more and get some more shoots lined up.  I've finally got my photography blog pretty much complete so you will have to check it out.  If I have ever taken photos for you, then you are probably (definitely) featured! :) Check it out: loveyoumadlyphotos.blogspot.com
I'm seriously not much of a blogger in that I don't take time to make it ultra personalized or fun.  I tried to do some tweaking with the photo blog so that it was stay on the layout that I liked best.  I think in some browsers though it gets quirky.  I'll probably have to figure out a new layout for it eventually.  And that just about sums it up for now!




No comments:

Post a Comment