Sunday, November 20, 2011

Birthday and Halloween

Birthday Time Again
I recently turned 23! Kyle and I both had work but we celebrated that night. We started out by opening gifts!
Thanks everyone for remembering me during my birthday! I felt like I had So Many gifts. Not that gifts are what matters, but it was still fun to get them. :)

Here I am with two of my favorite gifts from my wonderful husband! He got me a Snuggie!! I've always thought a snuggie would be a neat thing to have and I was SO right! I Love my snuggie, it's so warm and cozy and it has sleeves and so I can use my arms and not get cold. It's everything the infomercial says! I could really be their next spokes woman. Also, I got a nice wii gun and hunting game. I'm not so good a wii games that involve racing or sports, but shooting I can do! So those have been fun gifts. I think Kyle is secretly jealous of my snuggie because I'll find him using it sometimes, hehe.

After gifts we went downtown to Bruges Waffles & Frites. It's a tiny little Belgian restaurant that, of course, has been featured on Man vs. Food. On the left is Kyles sandwich, the 'machine gun' which was the sandwich featured on Man vs. Food. It's got sausage, Frites (which are double fried french fries) and special, Belgian sauce. On the right is my 'waffle monster' which features ice cream, strawberries and a peanut-butter type spread that is made out of cookies and actually has no peanuts (i hope that made sense, I can't remember the real name). Yummy!

And here I am with my birthday Hershey pie :) 23 has been good to me so far. To celebrate my new age I have signed up to run the Utah Valley Marathon on June 6th! Kyle outlined a training program for me (it's convenient being married to a certified personal trainer) and so far, so good!

Halloween in Utah
I really felt like we would get some trick-or-treaters this year, since we are in a complex that has a lot of kids and since we are in the middle of a neighborhood. I got some candy and was all ready to pass it out and tell the kids how great they looked in their costumes. But no one came. Oh well. I even set out our awesome jack-o-lantern and everything
This must have been what scared the trick-or-treaters away. . . It was supposed to be a witch but I think the nose makes it look more like a scare-crow. Not our best pumpkin ever but it was still fun to have. Another Fall-ish thing we've done this year was to making caramel apples!! The caramel apple kit was a birthday gift from Kyle's mom.
We weren't the best at dipping the apples but they sure turned out yummy! Well, that's what's happening with the Hadleys for now! We sure are excited for the Holidays!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for Awesome Birthdays! We have totally had a machine gun sandwich there - they are so good! We miss you guys

    ReplyDelete