Thursday, January 13, 2011

Our First Christmas

We went to Tennessee for Christmas this year and we actually had a white Christmas. The first time in 8 or so years that TN has gotten snow on Christmas day. So that was neat. We never got a tree but before leaving I tried to do some decorating in our little home.

We also had tinsel with ornaments hanging in the corners of the room - those kept falling though. . . but for as many times as they fell we only ended up with one broken ornament.

This is Mr. Thrifty. He is a to-scale model of the human skeletal system that Kyle got for one of his classes last semester. He uses is to study the bones (obviously). Anyway, Mr. Thrifty became part of our Christmas decor thanks to Kyle and I's Christmas tradition that we started. The tradition works like this: We make a paper link chain, 25 links long. On 1/2 of the links I write some type of activity for the day and on the other 1/2 Kyle writes an activity. Then, each day of December before Christmas we pull a link off of the chain and do the activity. Dressing up Mr. Thrifty like Santa was one of the activities. Some of the others were: read " 'Twas the Night Before Christmas," go get hot cocoa, watch a Christmas movie - simple things like that. It was fun. And I think we will have to dress Mr. Thrifty up all of the holidays from now on. . .

So, Christmas Eve came and we made it to TN where we finally had a Christmas tree :)

It was so nice to RELAX for a while. We played games.

We played Risk - which I was excited about because my recollection was that I conquered the world in this game. As it turns out, I was the first one to be conquered. Oh well. It was still fun, Sarah became the ultimate world ruler. We also went ice skating:
You can see the rink in the back ground, right? It was fun - we managed to have a game of tag. I only fell twice while trying to speed skate away from Kyle or to catch Kyle - hehe.

We also played lots of disc golf! Thanks to a little camcorder that we got for Christmas, I can post some videos of our disc golf adventures.

this is us putting it into the basket.


my throw. Notice how I've gotten my arm down! If you remember from the 1 picture of me playing in Jackson Hole.


Kyle's throw! When we play I usually throw 2 throws to his 1 throw. :)

There were actually quite a few courses near by so we got to check out a few. These videos are from the course that was the nicest.

No comments:

Post a Comment