Sunday, February 12, 2012

Christmas Time Again!!!

We had another great Christmas together! Kyle surprised me and got a tree for us this year. Last year in Rexburg we weren't at our apartment much during Christmas time so we didn't get a tree for ourselves. But we got a tree this year! It was a lot of fun and made our apartment smell like evergreen :)
Decorating the Tree

Sarah was asked to be a bridesmaid in her former roommates wedding a little before Christmas time. So my family came down and spent some time with us on their way to Idaho for the wedding. We had a mini Christmas with them and that was really nice. We went to see Voicemale (male a capella group) in concert at Thanksgiving Point and before the show we drove through the Christmas light they had set up. I love a capella music - it's so cool what they can do with their voices. While my family was here we also went to the temple.

Oquirrh Mt Temple (hope I spelled that right...)

Then mom and Sarah took off to Idaho and my dad took off for California to see his mom and sister. I got to see some of the photos from the wedding and Sarah looked great and it looked like a fun wedding. This was the wedding for her roommate that I did engagement photos for. It would have been fun to be able to go. After my dad spent a few days in Cali, he took off with his mom and sister for a road trip to Colorado - where my cousins were. On their way through to Colorado they stopped by to say hi.

Kyle, Me, Grandma Anja, Aunt Suvi, Dad

And then. . . it was actually time for our Christmas Vacation!!! We spent Christmas in California! It was the first warm Christmas of my life. The weather was So nice and I wished that I hadn't already packed away my summer clothes so that I could have them in that warm Cali sun. While we were there we got to do a lot of fun things! We rode four wheelers through the desert, took bikes through the island Coronado, visited the new Mormon Battalion in Old Town, went on a hike and spent some time in Balboa Park taking family photos!

At the top of the hike!

We looked so cool back in 1847. . .

And of course I had a lot of fun taking some family photos!

Christmas day was a lot of fun! We got up early and did gifts and breakfast before church at 9. Then we all had a nice nap after church (at least I know I crashed). Kyle and I got a great camping stove and an awesome wireless internet streaming blu-ray player! We've now collected all of the Harry Potter movies on blu-ray, hehe.
Christmas was so nice!! I keep telling Kyle that I can't wait till he is in school again so that we will have longer vacations. Thank you Hadley Family for a Wonderful Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment